Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tim Cook is a typical cowardly, American business CEO

Yes, they are clever and adept at making money, but leadership?  Not for a second.  Mr. Cook was given a golden opportunity to confront the looters in DC and, instead, decided to placate his masters.  If I were Tim, I would have walked out two props-one showing the running national debt and another how much Apple is paying in taxes.  I would have shown the how much is being stolen from Apple and, ultimately, its customers as any economic literate understands that all corporate taxes are fully passed onto the product.  I would have talked about how Apple complies with the behemoth code written by those in Congress and, for my good measure, am being excoriated for following their insipid code.  I would have then presented what the prices would be for an iPad and iPhone if we were to eliminate these corporate taxes (along with the associated lawyers and lobbyists). And for the Apple Employees (any loyalty to them, Mr. Cook?) the removal of corporate taxes results in more take home pay.   I would have then talked about the prop showing the government spending and demanded these looters account for what is being done with the enormous amount of money Apple is sending to Washington.  Why Americans look up to these 'leaders' is beyond me.  Cowardly.  "Think Different", Tim.  We could have used someone like Hank Rearden during these show trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment